Fixed Term Appointment
The primary function of this position is to provide a range of communication and PR services including client relations, partner management, social media updates and administrative support to the Social Policy Network (SPN). The staff member must demonstrate willingness and ability to manage a demanding work load, as well as maturity and professionalism, and work with minimal supervision.
The Social Policy Network (SPN) is a development firm providing technical expertise, research, trainings and advise to government departments, development agencies and civil society organisations.
- Manage SPN’s relationship with clients and key stakeholders including detailed consultation and liaison with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in forums and meetings developing strong formal relationships with senior partner government officials, donors and other stakeholders
- Maintain and manage the development of improvement to the organisations communication services, procedures and systems;
- Collates information and draws from a variety of information sources to inform individual and group decisions;
- Solving problems of a varied nature and resolving day-to-day problems often without upward referral;
- Participation in programming activities: actively participate in project management team meetings, team planning (strategic, action and work planning) processes.
- Produce regular communication products as agreed with line manager
- Responsible for managing client relations through correspondences, phone calls, video conferences and meetings
- To ensure that messages are received and to set-up a messaging service through emails and/or direct contact.
- To ensure that the contact details of all staff, consultants, clients and partners are available on a central database and updated regularly
- To arrange for postage and communication services as required
- Arrange translations for meetings, conferences and trainings
- To prepare internal and external correspondences
- Organise workshops, training, conferences, study tours and other events
- Preparations for visitors to the SPN offices and events (this may include accommodation, visas, travel arrangements, meetings, welcome pack etc.)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Data visualisation skills
- Able to communicate in English and local South African official languages
- Strong administrative skills
- Be deadline and results driven and able to work under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly and expand on scope of functions
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office, word, Excel, Ms, Projects, PowerPoint, Email and the internet and social media
- Strong interpersonal skills, pleasant, courteous and poised in all interactions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Research minded.
- Able to deal with people from different nationalities, race, ethnic groups, people with disabilities and People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Tertiary qualification in mass communications, public administration, communications, marketing or related fields
- At least two years working experience in a similar role
- Research skills will be an added advantage
- 150,000 ZAR Annually- cost to company.
Interested consultants can send their one-page profiles and full CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online Now